This tutorial will help you to connect Bluetooth on Dell-insprion-3521,
We consider your Bluetooth device was not recognized by Ubuntu 16.04 for some reasons-
Device Model- Dell-Inspiron-3521
Bluetooth hardware- 0a5c:21d7 Broadcom Corp. BCM43142 Bluetooth 4.0 (to get the name of Bluetooth hardware run
lsusb in terminal.)
Ubuntu version: 16.04 LTS (any series)
Tested on kernel version: 4.4.0-122-generic (to get the version of current kernel
uname -r in terminal.)
Steps to make Ubuntu kernel version- 4.4.0-122-generic recognize your Bluetooth device:
- Download the drivers from here – Download Broadcom 0a5c:21d7 Bluetooth Drivers for Ubuntu.
- Go to the download folder where you downloaded drivers and in terminal issue the command below :
sudo cp BCM43142A0-0a5c-21d7.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM.hcd
- After copying the drivers :
sudo modprobe -r btusb
- At last
sudo modprobe btusb
- Now Reboot the system and you will see the Bluetooth indicator in the system tray at top right corner.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth and in Bluetooth settings add a new device 🙂
You are done, enjoy.