GUI for Downloading and watching Youtube on Linux Desktop
Little privacy-focused utility allows browsing, downloading, and streaming Youtube videos on Linux Desktop in preferred formats, quality or resolution.
Screenshot of QTubeDl Application for Linux-
More Screenshots are attached in Image gallery at end of the post.
Features of QTubeDl Application for Linux-
- QTubeDl comes with an inbuilt video player (No Flash, Native Player included with hardware acceleration support thanks to MPV).
- Multiple downloads, separate audio/video download support.
- Play YouTube in selected format/quality combinations.
- Download YouTube videos in different audio and video formats/quality combinations.
- Search the whole of Youtube without being tracked.
- Youtube Search suggestions.
- Trending Videos from the user’s preferred Region.
- Simultaneous Multi-thread downloading support.
- Download resume support.
- Separate Video and Audio Download location support.
- Orion dark theme support.
- Fast, Light, Native app with no ads and glitches.
How to Install QTubeDl Linux –
QTubeDl right now is available via snap store and can be installed in many ways.
Install QTubeDl using command line using the following command:
snap install qtubedl
Install QTubeDl from SnapStore GUI by Opening snapstore app if it is installed or find instruction to install snapstore app here. Then you can Search QtubeDl in snapstore and click install button to install.
Alternatively you can click the button below to install app directly if you are on Linux Desktop system.
QTubeDl SnapStore Listing Page link : https://snapcraft.io/qtubedl
Developer website : https://github.com/keshavbhatt/
There is much more which is not described here since I think it’s pretty too much! I am still working on the project so, expect regular updates 🙂
Note: This is app is freeware, few features are restricted or partially limited after the evaluation period (5 days) expired.
If you are looking for Torrent Streaming app Try Orion: