Currency Conv is Dead simple currency converter for Linux
Currency Conv is a simple Application for Linux Desktop (written in Qt) that converts currencies in seconds. All you need to do is select the currency that you are converting to and put the amount using the keyboard. That’s it. This is a drop-dead easy application for this basic function of currency conversion.
- Latest exchange rates for active APIs
- Historical Currency rates available for upto year 1999
- Graphical representation of Currency Rates in selected date range
- Light and Dark theme
- Simple UI/UX
- Offline usage once you load currency data once a day
More features and enhancements soon in near future.
NOTE: This app is written packaged and published in 1 day, I developed this as part of initiative taken by (imakefoss twitter handle). I was given opportunity by awesome people at imakefoss.org to talk in topic “Broadening the Linux GUI application ecosystem” this week.
Story behind this app : https://twitter.com/imakefoss/status/1318196672279687168
How to Install Currency Conv on Linux Desktop
There are two ways you can install Currency Conv on your Linux Desktop:
- Downloading and installing using Snapstore
snap install currencyconv
For more info like installation instruction for your Linux Distro visit store by clicking below link:
- By Compiling from source code from github repository
Requirements: Qt5 or above
Github Repo : https://github.com/keshavbhatt/CurrencyConv
- Clone repo to your local machine.
- Go to src directory
- Run qmake
- Run make