Testing your WordPress install
To make sure everything working correctly, we can do simple testing of our WordPress install.
- Change your permalink to test pretty permalink, visit your pages/post and see if pretty permalink is configured/enabled.
- Upload image using media uploader to make sure uploading files are working correctly.
- Change akismet version to previous version, and check for update, and update it. This test is to make sure WordPress upgrader is working.
- Install Contact Form 7 and create form and submit it, this is to check mail functions working.
- Logout to your site and click “Lost your password” and request link to create new password via email. This to check WordPress email notification and email function.
- All mail test should be sent to your email account without going to your mail “spam” folder.
- Any other test you need..