[button color=”blue” size=”large” type=”” target=”_blank” link=”http://www.ktechpit.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-play-store-features-screenshots/”]ScreenShot Gallery[/button]
[button color=”blue” size=”large” type=”” target=”_blank” link=”http://www.ktechpit.com/ubuntu/ktechpit-com-released-ubuntu-play-store-ubuntu-16-04/”]Download For Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit[/button]
AND THE APP CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE FOR UBUNTU 14.04 64-bit :
[button color=”blue” size=”large” type=”round” target=”_blank” link=”http://ktechpit.com/USS/debs/package.deb”]Download for Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit[/button]
Why I Planned to make my own software center when Ubuntu have one of its own !
- Truly saying Ubuntu Software center is slow on some machines .
- Its buggy – I have lots of applications published on Ubuntu software center via Ubuntu Developers portal but I gets a lot of mails from users who try to install my apps through Ubuntu software center , They mail me about they got nothing installed after paying for it , or download takes forever ! So every time i have to share the actual binary (.deb) or setup file to them through mails .
- Ubuntu Software center and Ubuntu Developers portal takes too much time to update my apps whenever i publish an update to my app ! Its very frustrating to me .
- Ubuntu Developers portal and their team never reply to me and most of the developers which make it hard to know whats going on , and why they are not publishing our apps in their store !
- Ubuntu Developers portal is taking Ubuntu down at some points according to me because users want more and more applications and utilities not a shiny desktop only with unity 8 9 10 and so on on top 😀 Ex.- people are still using Microsoft’s Windows XP cause they can find lots of tools and apps which make their work easy , and Windows XP has very low end graphics as compared to any of the latest or older version of Ubuntu of any Linux desktop .
Features of My Software Center –
- Its very fast and low in memory consumption i will take approx 3Mb after install .
- It take 2 seconds to launch 500% faster then Ubuntu software center i guess.
- 1 Second to grab the list of software from my repository .
- Every time you will launch , it will get new and updated list of software including every minute change i have made to my app over the night .
- It looks beautiful and it is theme-able too .
- Category view to categorize apps .
- Contain a in-build package installer – Quick installer which is currently using Gdebi to install and remove software from system .
Am looking for some suggestion regarding to name for my software center I want you guys to comment your suggestion below on comments or in Our Facebook Group linked here . (Join our group to provide suggestions and get updated to applications development related news.)
How i build this store :-
I used Qt‘s Gui toolkit to make the gui of whole application.
In Depth i used Qt and Qt’s Quick : which basically is a modern user interface technology that separates the declarative UI design and the imperative programming logic. Instead of the traditional C++ APIs of Qt, the presentation layer of the application is written with a Qt-specific declarative language called QML.
Languages used to program this app :-
QML (Qt Meta Language or Qt Modeling Language) – a user interface markup language – Used Qml for making all GUI Animations and almost everything you can see while using app .
Qt C++ – Qt styled C++ , to write core code and logic of application
XML – (Extensible Markup Language) to grab every thing from my server where i store everything 😀
Its a beta version of my app store at now everything is working fine , and i can see its almost there , what i thought about this app before i started writing it . I will gradually improve it as i will going to publish my all future applications through this store only ! I will also add a premium subscription option to get access to my pro apps so that i can earn some money by my work and keep this work continue . Comment what you think below on comment and provide feed backs about my site my work to help me make it more better , thanks .
Don’t forget to share 🙂 keep visiting