Kdictionary is a Powerful Dictionary Application for Desktop Linux Systems.Some of the
features it includes are –
Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit the
‘Favorites’ option allows you to create lists of words from the vast library of
• Search from anywhere just copy word and press Quick Result Shortcut key combination.
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words.
• Audio pronunciation – Learn words faster by listening to how they’re pronounced and
• Offline mode – No WiFi,no internet ? no problem. KDictionary have Offline database
of millions words which is growing daily.
• KDict Offline database + whole Wordnet 3.1 database offline.
• Words Suggestions.
• Neat definitions.
• Word Pronouncements (100+ voice types).
• Definitions Pronouncement (100+ voice types).
• Includes 11 online Dictionaries.
• Wikipedia Search (using API).
• Wiktionary Search (using API).
• Image Search/Reference for each word.
• Hotkey (shortcut) to Evoke quick result widget to access meaning.
• History for words you searched.
• Your favorite words.
Install on Ubuntu/ any Linux distribution supporting snapd:
sudo snap install kdictionary
If you liked the app please share your experience using comment box below.