Movie discovery client for Linux Desktop
A stylish feature-rich Linux Desktop client for TMDb, the free and community maintained movie database with over millions of movies from all around the world. This application is based on the Discover module from Orion Torrent streaming application which can be downloaded from the Snap store(https://snapcraft.io/orion-desktop). This app acts as a plugin in the Orion Desktop application and integrates very well with the Interface and help user search movies.
Main features of MovieSquare application:
- Discover Popular, Now Playing, and Top Rated movies.
- Search for movies using different filters like Year of release, Region, Language, Ratings, genres, and the combination of all of these.
- Search movie by title.
- NSFW content filtering setting.
- Get detailed information about each Movie item, its Cast, and Crew.
- Find similar movies and movies related to a certain actor.
- Direct IMDB link access for each title from UI.
- Search the title on google with one click.
How to Install MovieSquare Movie discovery app in Linux Desktop:
MovieSquare Application is written in Qt 5.5.1 source code is available in Github repository here which can be compiled with other versions of Qt as well.
Application directly can be installed on any snapd enabled Linux Desktop distribution right now.
Get more details on the installing snapd documentation if snapd is not installed in your system.
To install MovieSquare on your system issue the following command in your terminal app:
snap install moviesquare
Alternatively you can install application using GUI store fronts like Snapstore or Gnome Softwares.
Store Listing page of MovieSquare : https://snapcraft.io/moviesquare
Github repo of MovieSquare : https://github.com/keshavbhatt/moviesquare