Flashing your blackberry device is made easy and you can do it yourself, no need to go give a phone repairer or go to computer village when you can follow this tutorial and successfully flash your device and install the latest blackberry operating system on your blackberry. This tutorial focuses on using tools and software’s to flash and install OS on your blackberry device. Am going to show you steps by steps on how to download and run the tools and software’s required for the successfully flashing of your blackberry device.
How to Flash your Blackberry OS Device
Firstly we need some tools I recommend for successfully flashing and installing a new OS on your blackberry device.
- Download BBH Tools: it is used to shrink a blackberry OS to increase the speed of the blackberry OS on the device.
- Download BBSAK: this tool is used to factory re-set your device and also for flashing your device before you install a new blackberry OS on the device.
- Lastly you need to download the particular OS meant for the blackberry device you want to downgrade or upgrade. For e.g. you want to downgrade or upgrade a bold 9900, you download the latest OS from any trusted website. I recommend Blackberryed.com, there you see all sorts of Operating Systems (OS) either official or leaked OS.
- Download the latest OS and install it on your system. It should be installed on your local hard disk.
Now that you’ve got all the tools and software needed, it is time to flash and install a new blackberry OS device. Do not be scared or afraid, am going to show you step by step ways to successfully flash your device.
- After installing BBSAK software, connect your blackberry device to your PC and launch and run it BBSAK, click on “wipe device” this wipes the device OS and automatically flashes the OS thereby leaving the device without any OS installed.
- Now you have to locate the app loader of the blackberry OS you installed, open my computer, click on program files(x86) then scroll down to “common files” then locate “ research in Motion folder”, click on app loader folder, the click on loader. Now just follow the on screen instruction you get, click on next and all until the software start installing, be patient for about 30mins or so then the software has successfully completed installations.
You have successfully flashed and installed a new OS on your blackberry device.