MegaGlest 3.11.0 is out, you can Install/update on Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Ubuntu 15.04 vivid Vervet, ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr (LTS), Fedora 21, Fedora 20, Fedora 19, Fedora 18, OpenSuse 13.2, openSUSE 13.1, openSUSE 12.3, Debian 8 “jessie” (upcoming), Debian 7 “wheezy”, Debian 6 “squeeze”, RHEL, Slackware, CentOS 6, CentOS 7 and Arch Linux
MegaGlest is an open source, totally free and multiplatform 3D real-time strategy (RTS) game where the player controls the armies of one of seven different factions, including Tech, Magic, Egyptians, Indians, Norsemen, Persian or Romans.
The game was created back in 2010 and it is heavily based on the well known Glest engine, from which it was forked. It is now deployed on a wide range of GNU/Linux distributions, replacing Glest.
- health bars with a lot of options
- multi shot / multi-projectiles with different timings,sounds and particle systems
- several camera shake effects
- new tileset “pine rock”
- some new maps
- improve switching settings when connected to a headless server
- support for team unit sharing
- team resource sharing
- tags feature
- Attack boosts fixed in many ways
- Attack boosts and upgrades now support upgrading attack speed
- timed particles and mesh bound particles really work now.
- unit height independent particle positioning ( flat-particle-positions )
- CPU players multiplier are displayed in debug view
- You can have non commandable units
- Units spawned by an attack skill can get an attack command
- Unit and Splash particles can be speeded up ( accelerated )
- Looting #17
- HP and EP starting values
- <target-height> <burn-height> can be givenhttps://docs.megaglest.org/XML/Unit#target-height
- +several bugfixes
The Windows installer originally released as v3.11.0 actually contained an incompatible pre-release build (for a previous version). We have therefore removed this file and now provide MegaGlest-Installer-3.11.0.b2_i386_win32.exe which contains the correct release build. Checksums (and signatures) have been added. Apologies.
MegaGlest 3.11.0 is out, you can install on Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSuse, Debian, RHEL, Slackware and Arch Linux
To Install/update MegaGlest 3.11.0 on Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana, Ubuntu 15.04 vivid Vervet, ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr (LTS), Fedora 21, Fedora 20, Fedora 19, Fedora 18, OpenSuse 13.2, openSUSE 13.1, openSUSE 12.3, Debian 8 “jessie” (upcoming), Debian 7 “wheezy”, Debian 6 “squeeze”, RHEL, Slackware, CentOS 6, CentOS 7 and Arch Linux, open a new Terminal window and bash (get it?) in the following commands:
Install MegaGlest 3.11.0 on Linux 32 bit :
# wget -c https://github.com/MegaGlest/megaglest-source/releases/download/3.11.0/MegaGlest-Installer-3.11.0_i686_linux.run
Install MegaGlest 3.11.0 on Linux 64 bit :
# wget -c https://github.com/MegaGlest/megaglest-source/releases/download/3.11.0/MegaGlest-Installer-3.11.0_x86_64_linux.run